TOWN OF ELLICOTT | 215 South Work Street | Falconer, NY 14733 | Phone: (716) 665-5317  | Fax: (716) 488-1160

CSS Navigation Menus


Q. What are the Town of Ellicott office hours?
A. Town Clerk/Tax Collector: Mon-Fri. 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Assessor: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Located at Jamestown City Hall)
Building Inspector/Code Enforcement: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM

Q. What is the Town's phone number?
A. (716) 665-5317.

Q. What is the Town’s fax number?
A. (716) 488-1160.
Q. Who is the Town Supervisor?
A. Patrick W. McLaughlin.  He can be contacted at (716) 665-5317 x210 or email:  

Q. Who is the Town Clerk?
A. Michael C. Erlandson.  He can be contacted at (716) 665-5317 x202 or email:

Q. Who is my Town Council representative?
A. It depends on where you reside.  There are 4 wards in the Town of Ellicott.  Contact the Town Clerk to find out what ward you live in.  He can also provide you with the name and contact information of your council representative.  Click here for more contact information. 

Q. Who is the Ellicott Highway Superintendent?
A. Robert F. Pickett Jr.  He can be contacted at (716) 665-2101 or (716) 489-6011 (cell phone).

Q. When does the Town Council meet?
A. The Town Council meets the third Monday of every month (second Monday in February) at 6:00 PM at the Ellicott Administration Bldg., 215 S. Work St., Falconer, NY. 
NOTE -- sometimes meetings are cancelled due to holidays falling on or near that date.  If you wish to attend a meeting and aren't sure if there is one scheduled, contact the Town Clerk's office: (716) 665-5317 x200.

Q.  Who is the Town Attorney?
A.  William E. Duncanson Jr.  He can be reached at (716) 483-3233.

Q. Can I get a document notarized at Town Hall?

A. YES.  There are several notaries in the Town Clerk's office.  There is no charge.

Q. Are agendas for upcoming Town Council meetings available?

A. YES, the agenda is available on the Friday prior to the upcoming meeting you can obtain a copy from the Town Clerk's office.  It is also posted on the town's website.  Click here to view a copy of the agenda.

Q. Are minutes from the Town Council meetings available?
A. YES, minutes are available within two weeks following a Town Council meeting.  Copies of the minutes may be obtained at the Town Clerk's office or on the town's website.  Click here to search for minutes.

Q. How do I license my dog?
A. All dogs in New York State 4 months of age and older MUST be licensed.  THIS IS A STATE LAW.  Licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s office.  Proof that the dog has a current rabies vaccination is required.  Proof of spaying/neutering is also required.  The cost is $10.00 for a spayed/neutered dog and $18.00 for an un-sprayed/un-neutered dog.   Multi-year licenses are available at discounted pricing depending on the expiration date of the rabies vaccination.  License your dog online here.
Q. How often must dog licenses be renewed?
A. Dog licenses must be renewed annually - unless you purchase a multi-year license.  You can pay by mail or in person at the Town Clerk's office.  
Celoron residents can drop their renewal fee off at the Village Clerk’s Office, 21 Boulevard Ave.  Dog licenses may be renewed online.  Click here for more information.

Q. Does the Town of Ellicott have a "leash law" for dogs?

A. NO.

Q. Does the Town have a dog control ordinance?

A. YES.  Click here to obtain the dog control ordinance.

Q. Do cats have to be licensed in the Town of Ellicott? 

A. NO.

Q. Who is the Dog Control Officer and how do I get in touch with him?
A. Town of Ellicott Police Dept.: (716) 665-7083
        Leroy Belin (Falconer only!!): (716) 665-4146
       Village of Celoron call (716) 487-4175

Q. Does the Town provide Animal Control?
A. NO, just dog control.  There are several independent wildlife control officers who reside in the area.  Click here for their names & telephone numbers.  NOTE -- There is a nominal fee for their services.

Q. Does the Town provide garbage pickup?
A. NO.  Town residents must arrange for their own garbage pickup or take their garbage to a Chautauqua County Transfer Station site.  Click here for location, hours and rates.

 – the Villages of Falconer and Celoron DO provide garbage pickup for Village residents only. The Jamestown Board of Public Utilities also provides garbage pickup to certain areas of the town outside the villages.  Contact the BPU for information: 716-661-1660.

For Village of Falconer garbage pickup schedule, click here.
For Village of Celoron garbage pickup schedule, click here.

Q. How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?
A. The Chautauqua Co. Dept of Public Facilities (DPF) provides specific dates 
for disposal of household hazardous waste.

Q. Can I dispose of brush and Yard waste?

A. YES.  
Click here.

Q. Can I purchase hunting and fishing licenses at Town Hall?

A. YES, hunting and fishing licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s office.

Q. Who is the Town's Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer and how do I contact him?
A. The Town's Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer is David Rowe.  He can be reached at (716) 665-5317 x209.  Or you can email him:

Q. How do I acquire a building permit?
A. Building permits are issued by the Building Inspector/Ellicott Code Enforcement Officer. 

Q. Is there a charge for Building Permits?
A. YES.  Click here for the fee schedule.
Q. How can I obtain a Building Permit Application?
A. Click here.

Q. Do I need a permit to work within a town right of way?

A. YES.  Click 
here to review the guidelines and obtain a permit.

Q. Do I need a permit to conduct a garage sale?

A. YES but there is NO CHARGE.  Click here to obtain an application.

Q. Do I need a permit to sell door-to-door in the Town of Ellicott?
A. YES.  The fee is $25.00 per year or $5.00 per day.  Obtain an application here or at the Town Clerk's office.  NOTE -- all applicants are subject to a background check by the Ellicott Police Dept.

Q. How do I report a code violation?
A. Contact Code Enforcement Officer David Rowe: (716) 665-5317 x209.  email:

Q. How do I obtain a marriage license?
A. Marriage licenses may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office.  To be eligible for a marriage license, the parties must be 18 years of age or older.  17 year olds may obtain a marriage license with parental consent.  Both parties MUST appear in person at the Town Clerk's office.  Two forms of identification must be presented, preferably a birth certificate and picture id such as a driver’s license.  If either party has been previously married, divorce or annulment documents must also be presented.  There is a 24-hour waiting period & the license is valid for sixty (60) days.  The cost is $40.00.
Q. What are vital records?  Does the Town retain them? 
A. Vital records are birth, death & marriage certificates.  The Town has vital records dating from 1881 – present.

Q. Can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate at Town Hall?
A. Only if the person was born in the Town of Ellicott.
Q. Can I obtain a copy of a death certificate at Town Hall?
A. Only if the person passed away in the Town of Ellicott.

Q. Can I obtain a copy of a marriage certficate at Town Hall?

Q. How much is a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate?
A. $10.00.

Q. How can I obtain a copy of a vital record?
A. Contact the Town Clerk’s office: (716) 665-5317 x200.  Email:
Note – there are strict requirements for obtaining vital records.  For more information click here.
Q. How do I contact the Ellicott Town Court office?
A. The Town Court office is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.  You can contact the court office at (716) 665-5319 or (716) 665-5317 x208.
Q. How do I contact the Ellicott Police Department?
A. For emergencies dial 911.  For other business call (716) 665-7083 (Mon - Fri 8-4pm) or 24 hrs at 664-3100.
Q. How do I contact the Ellicott Highway Department?
A. (716) 665-2101.  cell ph. (716) 489-6011.  email:

Q. How do I find out who owns a parcel of property?
A. Contact the Town Clerk's Office: (716) 665-5317 x200 or the Assessor's Office: (716) 483-7506.  You can also locate the property using the Chautauqua County GIS system.
Q. How can I obtain property tax information ?
A. Contact the Town Clerk's office: (716) 665-5317 x200.  You can also obtain tax information on-line using the Chautauqua Tax Office website.  (NOTE -- Once on the main home page, click on 'PROPERTY TAX LOOKUP').

Q. Who do I contact with questions concerning my property assessment?
A. Contact Town of Ellicott Assessor Kevin Okerlund: (716) 483-7510.

Q. When is Grievance Day?
A. Grievance Day is held each year on the 4th Tuesday in May.  It is conducted at Jamestown City Hall, East Second St., Jamestown, NY.  Contact the Assessor's office for more information: (716) 483-7506.

Q. How do I find out about the STAR program?
A. Contact the Ellicott Assessor’s office at (716) 483-7506 or 483-7510. 
Q. Can I pay my Jamestown BPU Bill at the Town Hall?
A. YES…at the Town Clerk’s office.
Q. Does the Town accept credit/debit cards?
A. YES (except BPU payments).  NOTE -- There is a 2.45% convenience fee for using a credit/debit card.
Q. What is the Town's policy regarding open burning?
A. Click here for information.

Q. What should I do if a Town of Ellicott snow plow damages my mailbox?
A. Click here for instructions.

Press Release - Final from
  Chautauqua Lake Partnership, Inc.

Dog Licensing Online
Household Hazardous Waste
   Drop-off Day


Meeting Agenda
Legal Notices
Ross Mills Newsletter

Town Government
Meeting Minutes
Property Tax Search
Ross Mills Cemetery Research
2018 Tentative Assessment Roll

215 South Work Street
Falconer, NY 14733
Phone: (716) 665-5317
Fax: (716) 488-1160


Emergency - Dial 911

24-hour Dispatch: (716) 661-7232

Office (Mon - Fri 8AM - 5PM)
Phone: (716) 665-7083
Fax: (716) 665-7074